Frames Direct - Unethical

I ordered the frame and lens in April of this year. I was not told that the frame ordered was backordered. I called trying to find out why it was taking so long and wanting to make sure they got my prescription from my doctor they finally told me it was backordered. I asked to change my frame to one that was in stock. Said okay. It added more time to my order. Did not get my lenses until more than a month later.

When I finally did get them the lens were defected. Why? Well there is no physical person there to measure your eye distance and I wear a progressive. I felt like I was looking through a fish bowl. Returned them and had them redone. Got them back a 2nd time and again still not right.

I tried wearing the lenses for over 2 weeks thinking it was perhaps me. It was not. Left them a negative review and promptly got a call. Had a long conversation with a Candace Bronash. Very unprofessional person. Tried to blame me. Finally agreed to try to fix them one more time if I agreed to get a new prescription from a different doctor. Which I did.

This is where it gets real bad. I was told I would get a return shipping label. Did not. Waiting a week and contacted again. Finally got one sent to me via email (The whole time dealing with the same person) Shipped them back and faxed new prescription. UPS shows they had received the frames and they were sitting on them for a week before I contacted them again wondering why they had not worked on the new pair. I get this email:

"Hi Albert,

The management team wanted to review your orders and the return for the remake.

I just got them back last night.

They will step outside of our normal return policy and remake your lenses at no charge but they are asking that you modify your trust pilot review.

Please let me know once the review is completed and I can send these to the lab for the remake.

I have also searched our emails for the new RX copy.

Can you please resend it to me as I cannot locate the email.

Thank you!"

So we are going to hold your glasses hostage until you remove an honest negative review.

Do not do business with this company. They are incompetent, unethical, dishonest and slooooooow.

PS. I asked for a refund and told them I was starting a chargeback request. Instead of doing the right thing and just crediting me back they blame me once again saying they cannot because I started the chargeback process. Which is not true. I run a business too and know the truth on that. You can always issue a refund and stop this entire insane and frustrating process.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Eye and Ear Care
review #688351 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Frames Direct? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Frames Direct. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Frames Direct.
Filing a new complaint about